mmccarthy

List Lover

I love reading and have always favored science fiction; especially hard sci-fi, aliens, bio-anthro themes, horror, space opera, and philosophical and cosmological themes. I will take the time to read great books in almost any genre.

Edge of Infinity
Stephen Baxter, Gwyneth Jones, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Bruce Sterling, Pat Cadigan, Sandra McDonald, Jonathan Strahan, Paul J. McAuley, Elizabeth Bear, Alastair Reynolds, Hannu Rajaniemi, John Barnes, James S.A. Corey, An Owomoyela, Stephen D. Covey
Blue Remembered Earth
Alastair Reynolds
Books of Blood, Vols. 1-3
Clive Barker
The New Weird
Ann VanderMeer, Jeff VanderMeer
Jack Glass: The Story of A Murderer (Golden Age)
Adam Roberts
Use of Weapons
Iain M. Banks
Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic
David Quammen
Centennial
James A. Michener
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln - Doris Kearns Goodwin Great. In the beginning of the book, Goodwin demonstrates, through letters between men, just how screwed up we have become about friendships. It was common for hetero men to express love and longing towards each other....one reason, I think, was because they weren't scared of being accused of being homosexuals. But this is a problem I see between all people in present day America. We only allow ourselves to express these feelings when feeling romantic love. I think it damages us that we don't feel free to express deep, loving feelings towards any loved one.

There were, of course, numerous other great things about this book.